Slow cooker season is back! The perfect start to our crock-pot meal season is pulled pork. I love how the slow cooker creates this perfect moist and tender meat while I'm at the office. It serves as a perfect sandwich filling and is great as leftovers in a salad as well.
My recipe is a combination of many I've used over the years.
Pulled Pork and Red Cabbage Slaw
- Mix 1/2 cup of ketchup with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Add a couple of cloves of finely minced garlic
- Add 1/2 cup of Coke
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano and mix well
- Add 3lbs of boneless pork-shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut in half
- Flip the meat to cover fully in sauce
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Toss 2 cups of shredded red cabbage with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon of sugar and a dash of salt. Let sit for at least 1/2 hour for it to turn bright red and soft.
- Assemble meat and cabbage into sandwiches with fresh rolls or baguette. I'm sure this would be great in tacos as well.