I was over at 'a peek inside the fishbowl' blog earlier this week with this simple summer recipe. Make sure to stop by Andrea's blog for some great reading and try this lovely appetizer - your guests will love it.
- Cream Cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Turn your oven to broil (or your BBQ on high heat if you don't want to heat up the house)
- Cut your bread into slices and place on a cookie sheet. Slightly toast your bread in warming oven (don't leave it in too long, you just want to golden the edges)
- While bread is toasting, mix some of your cream cheese with a generous squirt of lemon (about 1 table spoon)
- Cut your basil into small slivers and mix it into the cream cheese. Cut your tomatoes into cubes.
- Take out bread and flip all the pieces, toasted side facing down.
- Spread bread with a generous amount of cream cheese/basil spread.
- Put slices back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese slightly melts. Take them out and top with tomato pieces, add a bit of salt and pepper if you wish and a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar.